PROFESSOR OF PHILOSOPHY & ART
Dr. Stephen Hicks stops by the university to talk about the importance of philosophy, how we know what's "good," the value of art, the power of business, and how to think about what makes it all possible.
Connect With Stephen
Dr. Stephen R. C. Hicks is Professor of Philosophy at Rockford University, Illinois, USA, Executive Director of the Center for Ethics and Entrepreneurship, and Senior Scholar at The Atlas Society.
He has five books:
- Explaining Postmodernism: Skepticism and Socialism from Rousseau to Foucault (Scholargy Publishing, 2004; Expanded Edition, 2011).
- Nietzsche and the Nazis (Ockham’s Razor, 2010).
- The Art of Reasoning: Readings for Logical Analysis (co-edited with David Kelley, W. W. Norton & Co., 1994, second edition 1998).
- Entrepreneurial Living (co-edited with Jennifer Harrolle, CEEF, 2016).
- Liberalism Pro and Con (Connor Court, 2020)